Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What I'm Reading - Sept. 12, 2012

Just a quick update on the books I'm currently reading/studying/etc. Both of the books that I'm currently reading (other than my class-centric texts) are from Dover Books, which offers low-priced texts on a variety of topics.

  • Linear Algebra by Georgi E. Shilov
    • I picked up this book since it's about $10 and was recommended to me. I'm using it as another angle on Linear Algebra while I work through the UIS class on the topic. It approaches determinants early and often, which is very different from the other ways that I've learned Linear Algebra.
  • Introduction to Analysis by Maxwell Rosenlicht
    • This text was something I wanted to read in my leisure time in order to understand more of the theory behind analysis. I will need to take Real Analysis and Advanced Calculus in the coming semesters, and this text seemed like a cheap one to pick up just to get a preview.
Of course, I'm also reading class texts on Calculus III, Physics II (calculus-based), Mathematical Statistics, and Linear Algebra. Not much time to enjoy much beyond those!

No comments:

Post a Comment